Images Art Gallery is a 501(c)(3), member artist owned, non-profit gallery whose mission is to promote art in the community.
Founded in June, 1988, with a contribution from Greater Kansas City Art Association, Images Art Gallery began in Westport with three main intentions: to promote local artists; to teach workshops; and to support the community through arts related services. After a series of location changes and other obstacles, Images Art Gallery settled in Overland Park, Kansas in September of 2009. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Images Art Gallery is a co-op, member-owned and member-operated art gallery who now resides in the Overland Park downtown area among other art galleries. But their mission and philosophies have remained the same: to promote art education; to support local area artists by cultivating professional growth opportunities, and to enhance community arts appreciation through their services and programs.
This is reflected through:
- An artist mentorship program to ease new artist into the art world
- The support of young artists through scholarships and annual art shows
- A consistent schedule of a wide selection of workshops taught by local and national experts.
Aside from their ongoing support of young and emerging artists, what’s most notable about Images Art Gallery is their comfortable atmosphere and friendly member artists.
Applications for membership is ongoing. If you are looking for a gallery to call home, Images Art Gallery is good choice.
- They are a member-owned and run gallery with a full benefits package including career support and advice, exhibition opportunities, and 70% commission to artists of their art sold. Membership acceptance is ongoing.
- They provide a valuable one-on-one mentorship program for artists to learn how to display and market their work.
- They host an annual Children's Art Show, annual International Children's Peace Mural Display, and annual Juried Art Show open to area artists.
- Year 'round workshops taught by local and national art experts in all mediums are offered.
- They offer art scholarships to local area art students. 100% tax deductible donations for this fund are accepted and encouraged.
How can you support Images Art Gallery?
Images Art Gallery relies on grants contributions from the community. All donations are 100% tax deductible and are used to support their artist services and their efforts to spread the arts throughout the community. Donations are always accepted.